Upon the completion of the blog, I will be finishing this personal development project. So here are some of my random thoughts about Hong Kong's fashion...
Sensitivity and awarenes have definitely improved after entering ITC. I started to pay more attention to my outlook as well as that of others. Attention has also been paid on local magazines, which claim to report the LATEST fashion trend. Days after days and months after months, disappointment is what really frustrates me. I tried to access to WGSN everyday to update with the latest trends and enhance my fashoin knowledge. I started to notice that Hong Kong's trend has been really really slow.......
A very obvious example is the HIGH-WAISTED PANTS (or SKIRTS). Fashionistas kicked off this trend in 2007, becoming increasingly popular across Europe, the US and Japan in recent years. BUT JUST NOT HK!!! Yesterday I finally found a magazine with Joey Yung on cover wearing a high-waisted skirt full of polka dots. We are like so outdated!!! Are we still living back in the year of 2007 now??? URGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
As a matter of fact known by the world, HK people are so concerned with their outlooks. I must say that they are over-concerned! They pay too much attention that they are being so tradional in the way of dressing up. They dare not try anything new or innovative with the scare of being laughed! This is what makes HK fashion sooooooooooooooooooo boring!!!
I am not saying that I wanna make any revolutions or be any renovating pioneers but just share my thoughts. Fashion is a part of culture. Boring fashion can be a mirror of boring culture but HK culture is full of fun with the mixture of East and West. Our next generation needs not only sustainablity in living but also creativity to keep this Eastern Pearl alive!
WE NEED CHANGES! FASHIONISTAS PLEASE STAND UP AND COLOR OUR BELOVED "ASIA'S WORLD CITY"!!!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment