Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Marc Jacobs quotes (I)

"The idea of muses or models, whether it is someone you know or someone you have seen in an image, someone of your imagination or a creature of your own invention, is important to every designer and every collection," Jacobs told WWD of the inspiration behind the event. "I hate talking about inspiration, but everyone needs a catalyst. We look at this person, this model, this muse, and we design for her. It seems like a kind of fundamental thing, but wide open for lots of great clothes."

- Marc Jacobs at Met Ball 31 Oct 2008

reference:
http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/daily/081031-the-met-ball-is-coming.aspx



“I really wanted to explore a variety of eras and fabrications,” Jacobs said. “You know, everyone always seems to see something different in my show. You can take the collection to mean whatever you want it to.”

- Marc Jacobs at his 2009 S/S Collection 12 Sep 2008

reference:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080912.beker13/BNStory/lifeStyle/home



“I like romantic allusions to the past: what the babysitter wore, what the art teacher wore, what I wore during my experimental days in fashion when I was going to the Mudd Club and wanted to be a New Wave kid or a punk kid but was really a poseur. It’s the awkwardness of posing and feeling like I was in, but I never was in. Awkwardness gives me great comfort.”

- Marc Jacobs interviewed by New York Magazine

reference:
http://nymag.com/fashion/fashionshows/designers/bios/marcjacobs/



"He's my big fashion hero and always has been, and it's really sad that he's gone," said Marc Jacobs. "I just think to me and so many others he has been such a great inspiration in terms of everything, first and foremost in terms of design. Saint Laurent was the first to look at youth and street culture and take elements and make them chic."

- Marc Jacobs on YSL's death

reference:
http://www.sundaypaper.com/More/EditorsBlog/tabid/138/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/2529/Loss-of-a-Legend.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment